Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with over 500 employees, 4Front is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer with active operations in Illinois, Massachusetts, California, Michigan and Washington. Focusing on excellence, people, integrity, and courage, 4Front is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
The Maintenance Manager role is of utmost importance to the functionality and longevity of our operations and assets. If you are an enthusiastic leader that likes to identify challenges and problem solve, this role is for you. Reporting to Directors, the Maintenance Manager will be responsible for keeping the building and all appliances running smoothly. We are looking for someone with a strong mechanical aptitude and a wide range of skills to proactively maintain our various pieces of equipment and the facility itself. This role also requires a high level of communication to other leaders inside the building as well as necessary contractors.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to develop a written scope of work in the form of drawings and narratives to be quoted/performed by vendors
- Proactive identify/response to facility related issues and address ASAP, reporting and recording all work and project updates
- Develop and implement a facility management program including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements
- Communicate and coordinate with managers any work that may affect them or their departments
- Confidently understand and ensure adherence to all regulations at state, local and internal levels
- Use in house resources to get the job done. If not, supply a detailed proposal for Director or VP approval
- Have a strong understanding of common facility issues and how to address and prevent them
- Possess a mechanical aptitude to fix small facility, equipment or other issues
- Obtain quotes from vendors and suppliers
- Calculate and compare costs for goods and services to maximize cost effectiveness
- Monitor activities of on site contractors
- Manage contractor/ vendor relationships AND review contracts to ensure facility needs are being met
- Deliver briefings to Directors on facility, project or other updates pertinent to scope
- Maintain and consistently seek ways to improve systems and building envelope efficiency
- Manage custodial team or 3rd party efforts through a detailed scope of responsibilities and frequency
- Minimum of 3 years of successful hands-on engineering/maintenance management experience in high technology manufacturing or similar commercial-industrial environment.
- Ability to learn or experience with Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems maintenance and repair
- Demonstrated history of solving unique problems using mechanical and systems aptitude
- Systems experience required includes Microsoft Excel, Office.
- Resourceful problem solver with proven ability to bring quick resolution to challenging situations.
- Team player with ability to build lasting productive business relationships with hourly associates, management, and peers.
- Ability to effectively communicate information both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, customers or suppliers.
- Negotiation skills
- Communication and organization skills to work with and manage 3rd party contractors
- 40 hour work week
- Stand for long periods
- Lift heavy objects
- Work in some non temperature regulated areas of the facility
- The work involves a lot of walking, climbing, and reaching.
55,000-70K salary range
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at Mission, 4Front and/or Brightleaf to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: Mission 4Front Ventures and Brightleaf Development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference in our customers, our team, our culture.