Financial Reporting Director / Controller
This position will be accountable for all aspects of financial reporting and technical accounting, including researching new and proposed accounting standards and complex accounting transactions, assisting with the Company's SOX compliance efforts, and serving as a key contact with external auditors. This position also contributes significantly to the monthly close process, process automation, and special projects. The role will report to the Controller and is a key member of the Finance team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the preparation of the Company’s required SEC filings, including Form 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K.
- Manage the external reporting function to ensure the accurate and timely submission of the Company's reporting requirements to investors and other regulatory authorities
- Support the annual audit and quarterly review activities with external auditors as well as testing by internal and external auditors on internal controls
- Oversee the preparation and review of quarterly and annual financial statements and footnote disclosures
- Review the financial information in the eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) format for required SEC filings
- Assist with preparation of quarterly Audit Committee materials
- Help with design and implementation of the Company's SOX compliance efforts, including implementing new controls as necessary
- Lead technical accounting research and memo preparation including documenting conclusions for proper accounting treatment and updated footnote disclosures
- Review, assess, and document accounting and financial reporting implications of complex transactions as well as implementation of new accounting guidance, as applicable
- Interpret new GAAP standards and SEC rules and regulations and implement necessary changes
- Provide clear and concise written documentation of accounting conclusions and policies
- Assist with the implementation of accounting and other systems for improved financial and operational reporting
- Additional duties as assigned
Minimum Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant
- 8+ years of progressive accounting and SEC reporting experience, including a minimum of 4 years for a national public accounting firm
- Strong technical experience related to GAAP and SEC reporting
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, high energy, initiative, and creativity
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and superior accounting skills
- Professional in all forms of communications such as email, phone calls, video calls, and texts
- Ability to work well under pressure in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Highly responsive and reliable
- Strong attention to detail
- Master’s Degree in Accounting
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- In-depth knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Experience with SEC reporting software
This position has a starting salary range of $140,000 - $170,000 depending on experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee primarily will work indoors in an office setting. The employee is required to wear personal protective equipment under appropriate circumstances. The employee must be able to: (1) Lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds, (2) Operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer, telephone, calculator, copy, and fax machine requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand and eye movement and (3) Occasionally travel to/from meetings and to various locations.
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at 4Front Ventures to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: 4Front Ventures, Retail Stores Mission Dispensaries, Cultivation and production Brightleaf
4Front Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference for our customers, our team, our culture.