Compliance Manager - Harvest & Inventory
Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with over 500 employees, 4Front is a fast-moving national cannabis grower, distributor, and retailer with active operations in Illinois, Massachusetts, California, Michigan and Washington. Focusing on excellence, people, integrity, and courage, 4Front is building a responsible and people-focused company that consistently produces high-quality products, ensures access to cannabis through top service and affordable brands, and provides value through job creation and community engagement. From plant genetics to the cannabis retail experience, 4Front’s team applies expertise across the entire cannabis value chain.
We are looking for a punctual and detail-oriented Harvest & Inventory Compliance Manager. This role consists of all actions necessary to maintain compliance, including, but not limited to, data input, quality control, and audits. This person will work closely with the Directors of Cultivation & Processing to ensure that we are proactive in addressing potential issues as well as maintaining compliance throughout the facility and within Metrc systems. Other responsibilities also include formulating, implementing and enforcing proper techniques within the Cultivation department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Directors of Cultivation & Processing to implement and ensure accuracy of all standard operating procedures (SOPs) in relation to state regulations and compliance for both the cultivation and processing facilities.
- Work cross-functionally with operations and leadership to inform and stay abreast compliance implementation and accuracy.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future. This includes providing guidance to management on implementing policy and/or process changes to comply with new and/or changes to regulations.
- Ensure all METRC tagging, transformation of inventory, and movement of inventory are compliant with state regulations.
- Audit and report on METRC data regularly to ensure accuracy and compliance. Identify and resolve physical and digital inventory discrepancies, and record and report any METRC discrepancies to management.
- Develop a process structure for entry of changes in plants and packages.
- Oversight of creation of manifests and verification of incoming/outgoing manifests for product transfers
- Report results of trimming, packaging, and testing activity.
- Manage and organize Tagged Plants and Tagged Packages in grow space, storage, and in the METRC software.
- Create, manage, and review all outgoing METRC Transfers, ensuring complete accuracy with the manifest and invoice for all sold product.
- Maintain physical copies of METRC Transfers and Wholesale Manifests.
- Complete nightly review for all Planted, Harvested, or Manicured plants in METRC and update accordingly.
- Creating, auditing and ensuring compliance for key METRC and CCC related compliance processes such as: waste logging and destruction, chemical approvals and MSDS record keeping and other systems as directed.
- Administrative support ranging from updating sales sheets, taking photos of harvested product, coordination of R&D testing, managing cultivation related product inventory, etc.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Professional credentials in environmental science, horticulture, engineering, or chemistry
- Proficiency in METRC or equivalent. Candidates with the willingness and ability to achieve proficiency in METRC will be strongly considered.
- 2+ years of process improvement, compliance, data management and/or auditing experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience with data integration and extraction from and to multiple diverse data sources and software programs
- Enjoys solving complex data problems and possesses strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively
- This role is on-site position. Shifts typically stay in the range of 8 hours, 5 days per week (Monday – Friday).
- Work may require prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- Requires normal range of hearing.
- Requires close vision with the ability to see color and adjust focus.
- Requires lifting up to 30 pounds, occasionally.
Salary Range: 55k-80k a year
A few more important things to note: We want anyone interested in exploring opportunities at Mission, 4Front and/or Brightleaf to feel prepared and confident. To help you put your best foot forward, if selected for an interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our company, mission and the business area in which you are applying to. Get to know us: Mission 4Front Ventures and Brightleaf Development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer- not only because it’s right but because it makes us better. In fact, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veterans’ status, or any other basis protected and applicable legally protected characteristic and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking forward to meeting with driven, smart and passionate people that are interested in making a difference in our customers, our team, our culture.